Forever and Beyond Twilight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forever and Beyond Twilight

Twilight Will Never End

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My old story....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lilian Charlotte Ferrars
Admin
Admin
Lilian Charlotte Ferrars

Female Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-06-11

My old story.... Empty
PostSubject: My old story....   My old story.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 5:09 pm

This is an old story of mine.....its kinda long (actually its 9 pages typed)....i don't know if i should continue it...what do you guys think? I'm only posting a little bit of it right now. lol! Its called Thimbrina.

“Thimbrina, can you go and gather my herbs for me? I’m running low,” Circona called from the barn, where she kept her herbs and the typical things that the village herbalist needed.
I got up from where I was weeding in our garden, with its pretty flowers and green vegetables. I brushed off my old threadbare skirt and went into our little cottage to grab my basket that I used to gather herbs in. I walked past the barn and waved to my guardian as I walked to the little forest road by our house. I walked through the peaceful forest and got to my favorite place in the whole forest; a calm spring of water that pooled into a little pond where the animals of the forest came and drank and where, if I sat quietly enough, even the fairies came out of hiding and drank beside the deer, bunnies, birds, and squirrels. I’ve always wanted to be a fairy, ever since I was a little girl, I love their tiny little wings and their pretty little dresses and doublets made out of leaves and twigs.
As I sat down on the ground by one of the trees surrounding the little pond, I noticed a hoof print in the mud, it was larger than one a deer makes and you don’t usually see horse hoof prints this deep in the forest, but here one was, right by the pond where the animal would’ve bent its head to drink. I looked around but couldn’t find anymore, ‘How odd!’ I thought. Just as I was standing up to continue on to where I usually gathered herbs, I heard the heavy break of a twig. I turned around but saw nothing in the shadowy forest beyond the line of trees surrounding the clearing.
I turned back around and walked carefully to the edge of the water, I bent down and let the water run into my hands, where I held it for just long enough to See into it and See the intruder hiding in the shadows beyond. I have a special gift, if I look into a glass or water or a mirror, I can See things, things in the future or things hidden from my normal sight. Only Circona knows about this gift and I have rarely told her what I See but she knows all the same. Now, as I looked into the little pool of water in my hands, I Saw a dark haired young man with a wary look in his deep brown eyes. He was wearing plain clothes that weren’t ripped or torn yet, which means he didn’t usually travel in the forest or he had enough money to buy new clothes often. He was crouched behind the tree I had leaned against and was watching me intently. Behind the man was a horse, a big brown stallion, nibbling quietly on the grass by the trees. I sighed and turned around, looking right at him.
He jumped up from his hiding place, startled.
“How long were you going to stay there and watch me?” I asked him coldly.
“I thought you were a witch or sorceress, so I used a spell I learned to cloak myself and my horse from sight but you saw me, how?” He asked in reply.
“I’m no sorceress or a witch, I Saw you in the water.” I said.
“Wait, you Saw me?!” He said in disbelief, “There aren’t any more Seers! How can that be possible?”
“I don’t know, don’t ask me. I just See things,” I answered him.
‘There was only one family of Seers left after the Great War, the Lord of the Anura (the flower of Sight)’s family. Lord Armendsen was the last Seer in that family and served as the King’s Seer for many years,’ He calculated in his head, ‘Lord Armendsen’s wife, Amarien, died in childbirth with their second child, Anura. The child died too, they said.’
“What are you thinking?” I asked him, seeing the worry lines crease his forehead.
“I don’t know but I’m sure that with some investigation, I could figure it out. What is your name?”
“My name is Thimbrina.” I replied carefully.
“Alright, Thimy. Where do you live?”
“I live with Circona, the healer in the village of Cisst.” I said, puzzled now. No one had ever given me a nickname before but that may have been because I didn’t have many friends, other than the animals of course.
“Have you lived there all your life?”
“As long as I can remember. I know Circona isn’t my mother but she was the one that raised me.” I said as tears threatened to break out but I kept them back.
“Do you know who your parents are?”
“No, Circona says that she found me floating in the stream outside her cottage on summer morning in nothing other than a ragged blanket. She says that maybe my family couldn’t take care of me, so they sent me down the stream through the forest to find a happier home.” The tears almost broke lose now.
“I’m sure you did find a happier home,” He replied thoughtfully, taking his brown eyes off of me for the first time to look into the forest beyond me.
“Who are you?” I asked curiously.
“My name is Vim.” He answered shortly, looking back at me.
“Really? And why are you so interested in me, Vim?” I said his name with as much venom as I could muster, which is a lot actually, Circona used to say I could kill with my voice alone.
“Because you present a mystery and I pride myself in being able to solve mysteries.” He didn’t seem to be fazed by my efforts.
“Why am I a mystery?” I asked grumpily, turning away from him and kicking a stone into the pond.
“Because you have the remarkable gift of Sight. The only families left with any kind of gift like that number only two; the Earl of the Convallaria (the flower of Truth)’s family, and the Lord of the Lapillus (the flower of Secrets)’s family. The rest of the noble families lost their gifts long ago.” He sighed, his brow creasing again.
“And why am I supposed to care?”
“Because you are no commoner,” He replied simply, “I’m famished, shall we continue this conversation after some supper?”
“Oh! It is supper time, isn’t it?” I said fretfully, “Circona is going to be worried about me and I haven’t even picked the herbs I promised her.”
“I’m sure she will understand when you explain what happened.”
“No! You don’t understand! She needs those herbs for her work!” I said and started to go in the direction of the herbs but he stopped me by grabbing my arm.
“No, let’s go to see Circona. I have a feeling that I need to talk to her.” He said firmly, holding my gaze.
“She needs those herbs,” I protested futilely.
“I know but I’m sure she can live without them for a little while.” He said, “Now climb on my horse and point the way.”
I got on without any fuss; there was just no way to say no to those beautiful brown eyes. He mounted right behind me, holding me around the waist with his right arm and holding the reins with his left hand. I silently pointed out the way I had come; overwhelmed by the fact that he was holding me so close to him.
We rode through the forest until we reached the old road that ran along side Circona’s cottage. Circona had heard us coming and was watching us from inside the shed. As soon as we came to a stop, I jumped off the horse. I waved to Circona, telling her to come out.
Back to top Go down
Isabella Swan
Admin
Admin
Isabella Swan

Female Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2007-05-28

My old story.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My old story....   My old story.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 9:13 pm

<'Tis good!>
Back to top Go down
Lilian Charlotte Ferrars
Admin
Admin
Lilian Charlotte Ferrars

My old story.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My old story....   My old story.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 8:10 am

Thanks bella....do you want some more? I have lots more....then when i get to the end (so far) you can help me with wat comes next! lol! (Don't you think this is a good idea?)
Back to top Go down
Isabella Swan
Admin
Admin
Isabella Swan

My old story.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My old story....   My old story.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 7:00 pm

Heck yes! Keep posting!
Back to top Go down
Lilian Charlotte Ferrars
Admin
Admin
Lilian Charlotte Ferrars

My old story.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My old story....   My old story.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 9:25 pm

We rode through the forest until we reached the old road that ran along side Circona’s cottage. Circona had heard us coming and was watching us from inside the shed. As soon as we came to a stop, I jumped off the horse. I waved to Circona, telling her to come out.
“Thimbrina, who is this?” Circona demanded.
“This is…this is…Vim,” I said uncertainly.
“Nice to meet you, ma’am. I am right in guessing that you are Circona, the esteemed healer of Cisst?” Vim said, bowing after he dismounted.
“Why did you bring him here?” Circona demanded of me, ignoring him.
“He says I present a mystery and he wants to solve it or something,” I said indifferently.
“I believe we can talk about that after some supper, may we?” He asked Circona.
“As soon as supper is finished,” She warned.

After we had finished our midday meal of freshly baked bread and warm milk from the neighbor’s cow, Vim sat back, taking in the sight of the little cottage. It was in need of repair, badly. The doors and shutters creaked on their hinges, the chinks in the walls were coming loose, the chimney was about ready to fall down, and the roof needed a new thatching. But with all this, the cottage just looked more humble, more pleasing to be in. Only after a thorough search of the cottage, did Vim begin to talk.
“Hum…how do I begin?” He mussed to himself, “At the beginning I suppose. Thimy, when I saw you by that pond and you said that you had Seen me, I was frightened. There was only one family with the gift of Sight left after the Great War, the family of the Lord of the Anura, the flower of Sight. Lord Armendsen was the last of that family with the gift. His wife, Lady Amarien, had died in childbirth with their second child, a girl they named Anura. The child died about a week later. Circona, how old was Thimy when you found her in the stream?”
“Oh, she was a wee thing, not more than a week old.” Circona said smilingly, then gasped, “You’re not saying she’s that baby, the baby Anura? Are you?”
“Yes, that’s exactly what I’m saying.” He said and then continued on, “I’ve seen plenty of portraits of Lady Amarien, she was the King’s sister and he loved to show off her beauty to the court and visiting nobles. Thimy, you look exactly like Lady Amarien, if I took you to the castle right now, the king would think you were a ghost, raised from the dead.” He laughed at that.
“Lord Armendsen also had a son, his firstborn. Amsenis looks a lot like his father but he has his mother’s hair, hair that looks like yours. Amsenis was six when Anura was born 17 years ago. He never really believed that she was dead and now I’m starting to believe him.” He sighed. I squirmed in my chair, unsettled by all this news.
“Wait, I’ve got something, something that might help you,” Circona said as she got up and started rummaging through the house, looking for something.
“Aha! Here it is! Thimbrina was wearing this when I found her and I had forgotten about it till now!” She came back into the room holding something carefully in her hand, as if it might break, “Here you are Thimbrina.”
I took the valuable object in my hands and studied it, it looked like an ordinary gold locket but when I looked closer, I Saw a flower on the shiny surface. The flower was bright yellow with little orange stripes on the petals and I thought it looked rather pretty. I asked Vim what it was and described it to him.
“That’s the Anura,” He replied tiredly and leaned back in his chair with his eyes closed.
“Wait, so it’s true?” I asked him, still holding the locket.
“I can’t say, only King Vestropous will know for sure. Our best bet would be to go to Vertrauen Palace right away.”
“Vertrauen Palace,” I gasped, “But I can’t go there!”
“You can if you are Lady Anura…” He trailed off.
“Oh yeah,”
“Circona, what do you think of this plan?” Vim asked.
“Of course she has to go,” She answered, wiping a tear from her cheek with her handkerchief.
“Don’t cry, I’ll be back, I promise!” I cried, hugging her close.
“Of course you will, dear girl, just an old crone’s worries,” She said, patting my hand, “You will want to leave in the morning, so spend the rest of the day to pack your things,”
I wondered what she would do without me; she was getting really old now and needed someone to help her.
“Circona, I don’t need the rest of the day to pack. I’ll go back into the forest and gather enough herbs for you to last until I get back, alright?” I picked up my basket and went out of the door before she could answer. Vim followed me. “How is she going to survive without me? She needs me more than she knows.” I asked him.
“Is there a young village girl who could come and stay with her, maybe even be her apprentice?” He asked me as he looked out at the shed and cottage that needed so much repair.
“Yes, there is,” I said, brightening up. I looked at the cottage and saw how much work needed to be done and my face fell again. “But the cottage isn’t going to stay up much longer.”
“I’ll go into the village and take care of that. I can hire some men to come and fix up the place. Then you won’t have to worry.” He said and I looked up at him in wonder. Why would he do that when he barely knew us? How would I ever pay him back? He felt my gaze upon his face and looked down, his eyes meeting mine. I looked away from his searching brown eyes and my gaze went to his horse instead.
“If I’m leaving with you, then I’ll need a horse.” I stated, “The village doesn’t have horses.”
He laughed. “We can both ride Blastous. He’s a giant war horse. He would be able to carry your light weight along with mine all the way across Bessandra to Arbeln.”
“Oh.” I said, slightly shocked. Arbeln was the country on the far side of Bessandra. It was with Arbeln that the Great War had been fought; we were now in an uneasy peace with them. I didn’t think it would last very long.
“What’s the name of that girl who could come and stay with Circona? I’ll fetch her while I am in town recruiting men to work on the cottage.” He asked me.
“Oh, her name is Raeiana.” I answered, “She lives in the cottage right in the middle of the village. She will come willingly. She has always wanted to be the village healer after Circona.” I hoped that she still wanted to be the village healer, she was awfully sore when she saw me taking over Circona’s job.
“I will pay her if needs be. Now, go and collect your herbs. Circona will be fine while we are gone.” Vim said, he mounted his horse and rode off to the village.
I walked off in the same direction I had that morning except for this time I had much more on my mind than just herbs, animals, and fairies. There was something mysterious about Vim but I couldn’t figure out what it was. Was it the fact that he knew who I was? Was it the fact that he claimed me to be a Lord’s daughter? Or was it the fact that he was helping us so much? I didn’t know and I didn’t think I was going to find it out very soon either. The thing that was really bugging me though was the idea of me being the daughter of a Lord, a high Lord in fact, and the idea of the king being my uncle. I didn’t know if any of it was true but the locket I now wore around my neck seemed to make it all seem real.
Back to top Go down
Isabella Swan
Admin
Admin
Isabella Swan

My old story.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My old story....   My old story.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 10:53 pm

Keep going! It's getting good!
Back to top Go down
Lilian Charlotte Ferrars
Admin
Admin
Lilian Charlotte Ferrars

My old story.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My old story....   My old story.... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 11:53 am

I got to the pond where I had met Vim that morning. I didn’t pause but kept going, I didn’t have time to sit and watch the fairies now. I walked into the forest some more and came to a clearing. The clearing was like herb heaven, it had everything the herbs needed, and there were tons of them there. I’d have to tell Raeiana where to look for them.
I picked all the herbs my basket could carry and started back. I went faster on the trip home because I couldn’t stand the idea of Circona being alone any longer, even though I often left her alone for hours when I went on errands and things. When I came out from under the cover of the trees to the clearing where the cottage was, I saw at least half of the village on the roof or in the garden or fixing the shutters or something. I stood there gaping until Vim came up to me.
“You got back fast,” He smiled.
“Yeah,” I said not really hearing him, “How did you get everyone here so quickly?”
“Oh it was easy; all I had to tell them was that your cottage needed fixing up and that I would pay anyone who helped a gold tornich.” He answered, still smiling.
“A gold tornich? Each?” I was amazed. ‘This guy must be rich,’ I thought.
“Yes,” He said simply, still smiling.
“How can I ever pay you back?”
“You won’t have to Thim. Circona deserves some reward for raising you.” He laughed.
“Oh,” I said, surprised, “How come you’re so happy right now?”
“Because I like helping people,” He shrugged.
“Oh,” I repeated. This guy was weird.
“Well, you better put those away and pack a bag, Thimy.” He said and walked off.
I went to the shed, where I bumped into Raeiana.
“Hello Thimbrina, Vim told me that you were leaving. How sad, poor Circona all by herself, at least she has me now.” Raeiana sneered.
“Yes, Vim is taking me to the palace for a little while. I’m so glad that you can take care of Circona for me.” I smiled at her, “Oh and here are some herbs to replenish the stock.” I handed her the basket. “Now, if you would be so kind as to put those up to dry, I have to pack my bag.” I fingered the locket around my neck. “And Raeiana, you can have the job as healer after Circona’s gone, I never wanted it.” She just gapped at me.
I left the shed and went into the bedroom in the cottage. Circona was kneeling by the trunk at the foot of the bed. She was rummaging inside, looking for something.
“What are you looking for Circona?” I asked, standing behind her.
“Something for you darling,” She answered. I waited; finally she pulled out a gown. The gown was simple and a faded yellow color, with little wooden buttons that had been painted white but most of it had chipped off. It was in an older fashion but still beautiful.
“That’s for me?” I asked, eyeing it carefully.
“Of course darling, did you think I could still fit in it?” She laid the dress out on the bed very carefully.
“When did you wear it, Circona?” I asked as I fingered the lace on the sleeves.
“I never did, my mother made it for me to get married in. But my betrothed was called away to fight in the Great War and he never came back.” She stroked the fabric lovingly.
“Oh, that’s so sad,”
“Not really my dear, I never wanted to marry, I just wanted to care for people using my herbs.”
“Oh, so you came here to live,”
“And I found you,”
“So, why do you want me to have your dress?”
“Because you’re like the daughter I never had and you’re going to need a dress to meet the king in. This was the only thing I could think of.”
“It’s beautiful,”
“Yes, now try it on girl,” She said as she slipped off my dirty dress.
“Now, my girl, in order to look like a lady, you must wear what ladies wear,” She said and I cringed. I was glad I had bathed in the creek the other day. I slipped into the soft shift, it was white silk embroidered with little flowers. The petticoat was a light yellow with green leaves embroidered on it. Circona slipped the gown over my head and I slipped my arms through the sleeves. It fell gracefully around my hips and nestled on my shoulders like it was made for me. I spun around the room, enjoying the feel of the swooshing skirts.
“Now, honey, what about your hair?” Circona said and I stopped spinning. She took the brush from off of the vanity table by the door and started to lightly brush through my long brown hair. She pulled a net of fine yellow lace out of a drawer on the bedside table. She caught my hair up in the net and fastened it closed.
“Ah, now that’s better,” She said quietly.
“Really? Do you have a mirror?” I asked anxiously.
“Yes, here it is,” She handed me a little hand mirror. I looked in the mirror and didn’t recognize myself. I still had the same green eyes that reminded me of a cat’s eye. I still had the same milky white skin and the same brown hair that shined in the sun. I was looking at my reflection when there was a knock on the door. Circona beat me to answer it.
Back to top Go down
Isabella Swan
Admin
Admin
Isabella Swan

My old story.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My old story....   My old story.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 2:15 pm

Keep going!
Back to top Go down
Lilian Charlotte Ferrars
Admin
Admin
Lilian Charlotte Ferrars

My old story.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My old story....   My old story.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 2:44 pm

OK....lol....do you really like it?
Back to top Go down
Lilian Charlotte Ferrars
Admin
Admin
Lilian Charlotte Ferrars

My old story.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My old story....   My old story.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 2:48 pm

“Hello, what are you girls doing in here?” Vim asked as he looked at me from behind Circona.
“Wow, you’ll be the hit of the palace,” He said as he looked me up and down.
“Really? Do you think so?” I asked him, embarrassed by his gaze.
“Of course, I wouldn’t have said it if I didn’t mean it.” He said and his warm brown eyes sparkled. I looked down at my feet, embarrassed at the way he was staring at me. We stood in silence for a minute, until Circona broke in.
“Thimbrina, you better take off the gown now so that it will be perfect for the palace.” Circona said. My face turned bright red.
“Well, you certainly won’t want me in here, then.” Vim said, laughing as he backed out of the room. Circona closed the door behind him. She helped me take the net out of my hair and take off the beautiful gown. When I was back in my old dress, I went out of the cottage to watch all the townspeople at work. They were busy in the various tasks around the clearing and it looked like they could finish tonight. I walked around aimlessly, feeling in the way.
When dark came, they returned to their houses. I could tell Raeiana wanted to stay but Circona kicked her out. Then it was just Vim, Circona, and I. Circona retired early, exhausted after the long day. I was busy in the kitchen, doing dishes and tidying things up. We had laid out a couple old quilts for Vim to sleep on in front of the fire.
He sat on the make-shift bed, gazing into the fire. He looked up at me and I dropped my gaze, embarrassed.
“Thimy, you look tired. You can leave that, that’s what I hired that village girl for. Come, sit by me.” He patted the quilt beside him. I hesitated, but finally I put down the rag that I had been using to dry the dishes. I wiped off my hands on my apron and untied it. I hung it up on its hook by the door. Then, I sat down next to him. I sighed; I would be leaving all this tomorrow.
“We won’t be gone long,” He said, seeming to read my thoughts.
“Really?” I looked up at him.
“Yes, you’ll be back in no more than a fortnight,” He patted my hand on the quilt. My heart pumped wildly at his touch. I looked into the fire, thinking of what the palace must be like.
“The palace is wonderful, you will love it.” He said, reading my mind, again.
“How do you keep doing that?” I asked him, curious.
“Doing what?”
“Reading my mind,”
“I’m not, I’m guessing. Am I good at it?”
“Very,” I grumbled. I was so easy to read, Circona always said she knew what I was going to say before I opened my mouth.
“Really? It must just be you. I can never guess what my sister is thinking.” He laughed and I got more depressed. I stared at the fire, getting very sleepy.
When my head started to lull, he said, “Hum…you better be getting in bed.” His voice made me jump, even though it was barely more than a whisper. He stood up and reached his hand down to help me up. I took his hand and he gently brought me to my feet. His touch made my heart do flips again. He turned me around, opened the door to the bedroom for me, and gently pushed me through. I took the 5 steps to the bed and collapsed on it. I hadn’t realized I was so tired.
In the morning, Circona was up before me, packing last minute things in my small bag. Yesterday, she had carefully folded up the gown and petticoat and shift and placed them in my bundle on top of my few belongings. On top of the precious gown, she had placed food wrapped in cloth for our journey. I got up and smoothed the wrinkles on my dress. I ran the brush through my hair nervously, then went out into the kitchen. Vim was awake, eating a bowl of porridge at the small kitchen table. The table was so small that he looked like a giant sitting on the bench.
Back to top Go down
Isabella Swan
Admin
Admin
Isabella Swan

My old story.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My old story....   My old story.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 7:32 pm

Keep going!
Back to top Go down
Lilian Charlotte Ferrars
Admin
Admin
Lilian Charlotte Ferrars

My old story.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My old story....   My old story.... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 8:52 pm

“You look better,” He commented. I got myself a bowl of porridge from the pot over the stove and sat down at the table opposite him. We finished eating in silence. After I had washed out my dish, I went to my bundle and checked that I had everything I needed.
“Here, hand me your pack.” He said. I handed him my precious bundle and he slung it over his shoulder. He walked out the door with me following. He had his giant horse already saddled and he quickly tied my bundle to one of the saddle bags. I turned around and Circona was there, at the doorway. I ran to her and hugged her, promising to myself that I wouldn’t cry. I took a step back and looked at her, trying to memorize every wrinkle in her worn face.
“Now, darling, you know how to act in front of these people, you’re one of them, it’s in your blood.” She said, dabbing at a tear on her cheek with a frayed handkerchief.
“I know, you’ve taught me to trust myself.” I said, hugging her again. Vim led the beast over and helped me to climb up. He mounted with ease right behind me and grabbed the reins, his right arm circling my waist.
“I love you, Thimbrina,” Circona waved.
“I love you too, Circona,” I called back to her. As soon as we left the clearing, we were riding at a gallop. The wind rushed in my face and I had to cover it with one of my hands. My other hand was holding onto the front of the saddle in a vise-like grip. I could feel my muscles stiffen and my heart start beating frantically. I knew by now that my crazily beating heart was because he was touching me, holding me close to his body. He felt me go rigged in front of him.
“What’s the matter?” He yelled over the sound of the horse’s pounding hooves, “Is this too fast?”
“Yes,” I shrieked. I couldn’t talk anymore than I could move. He gradually slowed the horse down to a trot.
“Is this better?” He asked, talking at normal volume now. I relaxed a little but I still couldn’t move much and my heart rate didn’t slow. He noticed.
“What’s the matter now?” He whispered in my ear. A shiver went up and down my spine. He noticed that too. “You’ve never been on a horse before, well, before yesterday.” He said it as a statement. And that was exactly what I had been thinking just a moment ago. He was very good at guessing.
We rode for a few more hours than stopped for a midday meal under a giant tree that towered over the forest around it. We dismounted and Vim untied my bundle from the saddle bag. He handed it to me and I took out our supper. I sat down with my back against the enormous trunk of the tree and ate in silence. Vim sat beside me. After I had finished eating, I leaned my head back against the rough bark and closed my eyes.
“Riding isn’t that tiring,” Vim commented.
“How come you always know what I’m thinking?” I asked, opening my eyes to glare at him.
“Well, I suppose I should warn you,” He said, more to himself than to me. “You know that the royal family… No, that’s not a good place to start…” I waited while he assembled his thoughts.
“In the Kingdom of Bessandra,” He started again. “Every noble family used to have a gift. Some still do but most have been lost through the years, especially during the Great War.” He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. “You have to understand that I couldn’t tell you while all the villagers were there.” I nodded, unsure of what he meant. “I always know what you’re thinking because I can read minds. The weird thing is that your mind is much stronger than everyone else’s mind, so I automatically answer what you’re thinking because to me it sounds like you said it out loud.” I gaped at him, mouth wide open. “The gift of the royal family is the ability to read minds.” He added in a rush. I gasped. I had been talking with a member of the royal family.
“My real name and title is Prince Vimedian of the Canna Lily (the flower of the Mind).” He continued in a whisper. I gasped again. This man is the prince, the heir to the throne of Bessandra and he’s taking me to the palace, to meet his father.
“Yes, I’m taking you to meet my father because as King he can read your very first thoughts and know who you really are.” He said. “I’m curious to see if I am right.” He smiled at me.
“I don’t like you hearing my thoughts,” I said grumpily.
“Of course you don’t but there’s no way I can shut it off.” He said, still smiling.
“You’re in a good mood all of a sudden,”
“I like the fact that you know who I am, that I don’t have to keep anything a secret from you. I like it, it makes me feel free.” He laughed and I actually cracked a smile, his joy was contagious.
“Well, if I really am Anura, then you probably know more about me than I do.” I said and he laughed even harder.
“True, that is very true.” He said after the laughing had subsided. I wanted to say something to make him laugh again, his laugh was like how the roaring waves of the ocean should sound even though I’ve never heard the ocean. I tried to think of a clever thing to say but I couldn’t and then I remembered that he could hear what I was thinking and gasped. He laughed and I grinned.
“You are very interesting, Thimy. Usually I can only hear a person’s thoughts sometimes and very quietly. With you it’s all the time and it’s very loud. I love it. Your mind is very original and intelligent.” He winked at me.
“Really?” I asked, unnecessarily because he already knew what I was thinking.
“Yes, it’s very fascinating.” He said in a whisper and reached his hand out to brush a lock of hair out of my eyes. His touch made my heart pump wildly against my ribs. He shifted and our legs were touching, our faces close. His eyes held my gaze as he put his arm around my waist and brought me closer. He bent his head down and kissed me. I kissed him back, my heart almost stopping. He pulled back and looked at me. I looked back. We stared into each other’s eyes for a long moment.

And that is where i got stuck.....i don't know where to go from there....i guess i could start a new "chapter" and hav them be at the palacce already....hmmm....any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Isabella Swan
Admin
Admin
Isabella Swan

My old story.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My old story....   My old story.... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 7:33 pm

Do you always wait for me to reply? It's too good to wait for me.
Back to top Go down
Lilian Charlotte Ferrars
Admin
Admin
Lilian Charlotte Ferrars

My old story.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My old story....   My old story.... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 2:21 pm

I don't hav anymore....and yeah i do! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My old story.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My old story....   My old story.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My old story....
Page 1 of 1